First Attack Firefighting
Most fire incidents can be resolved by quick decisive action and the effective application of the correct extinguishing medium. The First Attack Firefighting course provides the required knowledge and skills for participants to be able to correctly identify and select the most suitable first attack firefighting equipment typically installed in workplaces such as extinguishers, fire blankets and hose reels and safely use that equipment on small unestablished workplace fires.
This course has a practical component where participants will be required to demonstrate use of an extinguisher on a small fire and may include use of hose reels and fire blankets.
- Duties of the Emergency Control Organisation (ECO)
- Preparing for site specific fires
- Reporting a fire
- Assessing the risk to self and others
- Evacuating from endangered areas
- The fire triangle and classes of fire
- Fire behaviour and the effects of smoke on humans
- Identification of First Attack Fire Fighting Equipment
- Operation and Application of First Attack Fire Fighting Equipment
- Safe Working Practices