Fire Panel/Emergency Warning Systems
The best defence in an emergency situation is well trained people. This course will equip the members of the Emergency Control Organisation (ECO) with the skills and knowledge to confidently operate their Fire Indication Panel (FIP) and Emergency Warning Intercommunication Systems (EWIS).
EWIS are utilitised in facilities to assist with the safe management of all types of emergencies. The effective operation of the system is paramount to the safety of all the occupants within your facility.
Participants will gain knowledge on FIP and EWIS through a combination of theory and practical scenarios.
Entry Requirements: All participants must have the knowledge of the roles and responsibilities of ECO members and your facilities emergency procedures.
- Understanding a FIP and EWIS
- Interpreting a FIP in alarm
- Functionality of the system
- Responding to an alarm
- Manually activating your EWIS
- Operating the system when in alarm
- Restoring the system to normal operation
Practical Senarios Include:
- Operating the system
- Managing different emergencies
- Use of Public Address (PA) system to
effectively communicate to your occupants
- Contextualised scenarios (based on your
Note: ComSafe’s portable FIP/EWIS can be booked if you can not isolate your system on the day of training. Please indicate this on your Booking Form